[T3] Some Spark but no Fire (was RE: Update with a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes)

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:10:09 PDT 2011

> There should not be a wire that goes from something that rotates to
> something that doesn't. There is one wire that jumps across the flex
> coupling (rotating to rotating) and another that jumps across the
> rubber axle beam mounts, from steering box to beam mounting bolt
> (stationary to stationary.)

Adney, this did give me a idea=>solution, so thank you! :D  Found this statement interesting, as I checked the other beam, and the wire actually goes to the clamp bolt to steering box.  Mounted this way, only gets tight one way, so sure it is right.  The wire jumps the ground from the column to a ground other than the gears in the steering box.  Figure oil is not a good conductor.

Stayed up real late last night, and got the tank cleaned and back in, replaced from the first beam and installed the horn wire, then put the gasoline back in.  Had a couple leaks, one do to the filter nipples being too small and the other because a injector hose was a bit long preventing the other to seat to where the hose was good.  Once I get her to Imperial Beach, will consider changing the injectors out.  I have four rebuilt and matched injectors to go in.  I did notice the fuel looks like dandelion milk.

This morning, actually got my bio Mom to crank the engine, and I am getting a blue spark from the coil and spark from cap to wire.  I felt the relays and have clicks from them, and the pump runs when the connector in the engine compartment is grounded.  Timed the engine four times to be sure as that when I timed it the first time it quit running, adjusted the valves, and triple checked the point gap.  Just a short while I cleaned the spark plugs and gapped them.  So, got air, fuel, and spark so do not understand.  Oh, and 12.5 volts.  Now what?

Thank you,
Adriel