[T3] reIntroduce

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 24 20:47:54 PDT 2011

On 24 Jul 2011 at 17:44, matthew Stanfield wrote:

> On 2011.07.11, at 1101am, Jim Adney wrote:

> > For a '70, pull the vac hose off the pressure sensor and attach a
> > clean hose to it, so that you can suck on the other end. The pressure
> > sensor should hold vacuum, at least for a moment. If you get a free
> > flow of air, your pressure sensor diaphram is cracked.

> No hose to the pressure sensor. I guess i missed this one. I looked at
> my Bentley, but could not figure out what size hose and where it goes
> to from the pressure sensor. A little bit of help here would be
> appreciated.

Even with everything else working perfectly, running without that
hose would make the system run extremely rich. That will eventually
foul up the plugs and keep it from running at all. You need that
hose.

That 8 mm (5/16") hose runs from the port on the pressure sensor to a
similar port that points to the left and comes out on the underside
of the intake air distributor. It can be hard to see or install, so
it's pretty easy to overlook.

Once you've replaced it, you may need to replace the plugs with fresh
ones.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org