[T3] window crank keeps falling off and steering column screw, stripped

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 12:56:23 PDT 2011

Window roller - is that the handle for winding it down?

They're held on by a cross-head screw in the centre - the plastic trim piece
hides it.  Make sure it is pushed on fully and splinesd are engaged.
There's a big coiled spring behind the door card, and a plastic washer
between the handle and the plastic surface of the door card.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club