[T3] T3 Master Cylinder, Axle Beam, Rocker Panels

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:41:18 PDT 2011

>> Do your comments about cars that had "an odd master cylinder" >>which may
have had the MC replaced, pertain to my '69?

>Your '69 must have originally come with "the odd master cylinder" >but it
had been replaced by the latest version MC by the time I saw >it. Your early
wiring harness had been jury-rigged to work with the >later MC, but it
wasn't a good job and I don't have any faith in it.

>I have one of the later wiring harnesses waiting for you in my
>basement. I have 2 left, but both are now spoken for. That's why I
>put out the word for other people to keep an eye out for them.

Jim ... I just didn't want the wiring harness(es) that you have, to
"disappear" before we got a chance to re-wire my MC.
--------------------------------------
New Subject.
Mt VW "Bus" friend said he found a "good" Axle Beam.  "GOOD", however, is a
matter of opinion & perception.

Are the any identifying numbers on axle beams that would POSITIVELY tell me
if it's the correct beam for my '69?
New Subject.
Are there any NEW Rocker Panels available for my '69?
If anyone knows of a source, I'd appreciate knowing WHO & WHERE they are
located.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI