[T3] "Pulling" a T3 engine

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 14:07:38 PDT 2011

I use an ATV jack.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SHC-950190

Max Welton

http://www.maxwelton2k.net/

--- On Wed, 6/1/11, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

From: Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org>
Subject: Re: [T3] "Pulling" a T3 engine
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 12:21 PM

On 1 Jun 2011 at 13:04, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> I was surprised at how high I had to get the chassis up in the air (about
> 3') after I got my 2-1/2 ton floor jack under the engine case (probably not
> the safest or best way to do it) to support and move the engine backwards.

I usually get a friend to help me lower it off the jack and onto the
ground. That reduces the clearance you need to about 24".

I'm always impressed by people who manage to do this alone. I've
always gotten a friend to help. 4 hands make it a lot easier.when you
don't have a lift, especially when you're putting the engine back in.
.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org