[T3] Fuel Flap Release

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jun 11 14:20:10 PDT 2011

On 11 Jun 2011 at 13:04, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> I'm putting a replacement fuel flap release cable in today.  My old one has
> a broken latch/hook.  Should I do anything to the newer one to increase it's
> longevity?  I was going to put a few drops of oil in the mechanism where the
> release hook exits the body.  Otherwise, it doesn't seem like you can take
> these apart to lubricate?

There's a rectangular cover late, staked onto the side of the latch.
That plate almost always falls off when I remove one of these,  so I
would be tempted to remove it anyway, clean out the space underneath,
and pack it with fresh grease. Then see if you can stake the cover
back in place. If you can't, try sealing it with tar.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org