[T3] Microfiche

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:09:09 PDT 2011

There is a place here in town that could probably scan the whole
thing and put it on a CD. That would be great, but I have a feeling
that they might hesitate to do it because of copyright issues. I
haven't approached them about this since my copied pages
usually serve my needs.

*Apparently there are services that convert large-format Microfiche to
CD's.  The one I looked at charges $99.00 for converting 3 microfiche to
CD's.  Not bad.  Then I can use my computer CD reader to view the pages.*

You might also find a copy of the VW ETKA disk, which is what the
dealers now use on their PCs, but those are much later and don't show many
parts for our cars. I see these are available on eBay for just under $10
with shipping.

Because I recently bought a 2011 VW, I'm interested in the current
ETKA. I see that the people selling these are in England and shipping is a
significant part of the cost, but they'll ship additional copies for no
additional shipping charge. Anyone else want one?

*Does the ETKA for your new VW, contain info for "our" (my '69 Variant)
cars?  If it does, I'd buy a $10.00 disk.  What would the shared shipping
cost be?

Gary "Frito"
*