[T3] Microfiche

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 05:58:39 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/16/2011 6:20:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

Yes,  Bob, I remembered Russ had scanned it, and offered copies to people
who
asked.  I didn't know he had also done the Type 34 one.  The  KG Owners Club
GB had got written permission from VW to sell copies of the  KG literature
members, so maybe it's worth asking VW if we can  distribute it on a similar
non-commercial basis.  I know Russ wasn't  happy to post it on his site.

Yes, he took "donations", as he couldn't "sell" them out on the open market
 due to "copy write" restrictions here in the states. It might be easier
for you  guys across the pond to get VW to allow the use and sale of "their"
material,  but on this side of the pond, VW's lawyers would have a field day
confiscating  everything you owned. :O  That's why he never advertised that
he was  "offering" them to individuals who wanted a copy. I know he spent a
lot of time  getting the info onto his computer, and for him, it was more
for reference as  the mind likes to forget stuff over the years. ;^)
I'm just glad I got a copy of them, as I can't ask him anything anymore. :(
 He was a wealth of information that will be hard to replace on any forum,
or in  person.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)