[T3] wheel advice

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jun 24 16:57:19 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/24/2011 6:38:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dhbadeer at gmail.com writes:

Hello  everyone,

I've read many, many threads on this in the Samba and looked  at lots of
pictures, but I'm still having trouble deciding what to  do.

The car:
65 Square
"mild custom" with two tone paint
stock  wide 5 drums all around
currently has EMPI 5 spokes (wrong offset) with  165s and 135s (came with
car)
slightly lowered
some pics in the Type  3 Registry

What I'd like:
different look than stock
correct  offset
use 185 or 195 tires, same size all around
maintain stock  drums
no rubbing issues

I like the look of the current set up, but  not the skinny tires up front,
with bigger ones in back.  Plus, I  don't have a spare at all (not good).
I'm a "spirited" driver, so cornering  with the 135s up front is a bit of a
joke.

Ideas and opinions are  welcome.
Dan

Unfortunately. to get equal sized tires on all 4 corners with the current
rims requires raising the car up. Sorry.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)