[T3] wheel advice

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jun 25 20:33:30 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/25/2011 10:51:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dhbadeer at gmail.com writes:

Folks,

Check this out.  His words.

*I have already  put these on a few notchbacks and squarebacks as well for
customers.... the  15 X 5 wheels, and the 15 X 6 wheels will fit you car.  I
can supply  you with 4 15 X 5 wheels if you so choose.   right now I have  a
few diff. offsets I build,  5 inch high, 6 inch high, 6 inch deep, 7  inch
deep.  I also drop the center on the 5's from time to time as  well for
bays,
but the 6's will work just the same if high.   I  would suggest a pair of
5's
high and 6's high but if your car is stock  height you might want all 4 5".
shipping is $60 to Nebraska. fed ex ground  with tracking.   you can
paypal.com and pay to  ratlookvw at hotmail.com  if you want me to get a set
heading your way  monday.  thanks again!  chadd*

I've never delt with him before, so I can't say one way or the other. But
these are custom wheels.
What you're going to need to do is figure out how you want them built. IF
they are 5 inches wide (1/2 inch wider than stock), you might be able to go
up  to 50 mm offset, or more (don't know what that would be for back
spacing,  or converted into his numbers), then you'll need to see how it will clear
the  rear suspension parts (like the bump stop bracket). You'd almost need
the  tire(s) you want to run, along with a couple of different offset rims
to mount  up and check for clearance (front side by the fender lip, and back
side by the  rear suspension) to see if you have any issues. This could get
expensive in a  hurry, trying to find the best combo. You'd also need to
test fit them on the  front, and see how they clear up there too.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)