[T3] A new T-34 owner?

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 26 21:15:18 PDT 2011

Got a few more things done on Jill's Ghia over the weekend.  I got the new 3-point retractable seat belts installed.  I had to make a reinforcement for the floor anchor.  Used a the portion of the center tunnel from the scrap pan that had the seat belt anchors.  I re-shaped the tunnel sheet metal so that I could bolt the seat belt to it through the floor pan.  Also was able to remove one of the pan to body bolts and sandwich the new reinforcement between the u-shaped body washer and the floorpan.  It is as strong as I can make it without taking the body off and welding a larger reinforcement into the floorpan or inside of the rocker.

Besides it has to be way better than the shoulder-only belts that I replaced. <G>

I also managed to replace the front shocks with some COFAP shocks I had around. This turned out to be a major pain the ass today when one of the upper shock bolts broke off. Managed to finally get it drilled out enough that I could retap it and push out the remains of the old bolt. After that it went much easier. Feels a bit softer with the COFAP shocks on there instead of the Monroes.

Managed to get Sophy's oil and filter changed as well.

It was a good Type 3 weekend.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com