[T3] "Pulling" a T3 engine

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:04:57 PDT 2011

*If it's any any "encouragement", I pulled the engine on my 1969 Variant by
myself in 1987.  But I was much younger (51) then.

I was surprised at how high I had to get the chassis up in the air (about
3') after I got my 2-1/2 ton floor jack under the engine case (probably not
the safest or best way to do it) to support and move the engine backwards.
I had to "jury-rig" a transmission support, too.

But it's do-able.  Just be safe.  Another "set of hands" is always helpful.
But the Bentley book is really helpful.
*