[T3] Need 71 ignition

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Wed Jun 8 14:01:27 PDT 2011

Not sure if you mean the mechanical or the electrical portion.  There is a
thread in the T3 section of the Samba (which I can't reach right now or I'd
post a link); it claims that the electrical part is common with Bugs of that
year, and is available; you have to shorten the wires and crimp on new
connectors, though.

-Phil
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 22:23:06 -0700
From: Marklist <marklist at healeyopolis.com>

I need the ignition switch for a 71.  Not the lock tumbler, but the
actual switch, the one you have to take the whole steering column apart
to get at.

Anyone have one?  I think it is the same in same year bugs.