[T3] A new T-34 owner?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 07:45:08 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/27/2011 12:59:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

The US  required lap belts starting in '64. Now I'm wondering if the
requirement  might have been loosely written so that any kind of belt
would have  sufficed. I know these cars weren't sold in the US, but I
think even my  '62 beetle had all 3 (or at least the lower 2) mount
points.

The  mount points that were there, were they the later 7/16" thread
size, or  the early ~1" size?

My 64 T-34 was set up the same way. It had the larger mounting points in
all 4 locations. I've since gotten the reducer bushings for them. I'll
probably  go something like John did, as the wiring harness runs thru the left
rocker.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)