[T3] Brake Lights

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:44:13 PDT 2011

> Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:06:32 -0700
> From: crochambeau at gmail.com
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Brake Lights
>
> "I thought Brake Lights would still work with the key off?"
>
> Not mine.
>
> "I have 12 volts at the fuse box, but not at the brake switch (none at all
> six) or the rear terminals."
>
> I believe you need to see 12 volts on the switch at master cylinder before
> you'll see it at the brake lights. Since you have it at the fuse box, it
> would appear the disconnect is at the wire between fuse and master cylinder.
> I'd test it for continuity, maybe it's just a disconnect at a crimp
> connector or some such.

I have learned the hard way to check and recheck my fuses. ;)  So, that is
good.  Was thinking about continuity, but not sure how to test it when the leads
are not long enough. ;/  Right now, I am tracing the circuit, from power to
ground, as no power, no lights. ;)  So, since I do not have it at the switch, no
point to go further.  Once I have 12 volts at the switch, then I will check the
rear.

> Good luck,

Thanks, really need it as my wiring has been going down hill, and really a
challenge to get it all working.

Thank you,
Adriel