[T3] fuel pump output

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Mar 2 13:00:23 PST 2011

On 2 Mar 2011 at 12:18, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> On modern cars they use a regulator down stream on the return side to
> regulate the pressure and flow to the injectors. Would not this be a
> better idea for the FI y'all use on your type3s than a check valve which
> would only prevent flow in the wrong direction?

Our FI cars use exactly the system you describe. Yes, it's the better idea.

I've just been trying to convince people that the check valve does nothing
while the engine and pump are running. Its actual function is to keep fuel from
flowing backwards when the pump is off. This helps maintain a bit of pressure
in the fuel ring until the next time you start the engine.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, WI USA