[T3] Re/ Car Runs Great, but Why?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Mar 2 16:25:56 PST 2011

Well, first off, those sensors don’t short out, they open up, but even then
failures are rare.  If its unplugged it will run a bit rich, if it doesn’t
then it was running too lean...  as Russ would say, it’s the poor man's way
of richening up a lean car.  I wouldn’t fret over it but keep an eye on the
gas mileage and if you live in a climate with big temp changes it may not
track properly.

Keith

OK    I just Called that mechanic.  He said that the head temp sensor is
doing the work and not to worry about the Intake temp sensor being
unattached.  He said that there would not be excessive fuel consumption.
He said the sensor (and the other two I tried) was probably Shorted Out, and
that it will be hard to find a replacement anyway.
  Or, does someone here have a certifiably non-shorted-out Intake Sensor
around the shop?
  And, apparently there's no need to plug the nozzle on the un-used Cold
Start Switch. I guess, with the wires unplugged, nothing tells the sensor to
pull in a gas spray....or air.