[T3] Re/ Car Runs Great, but Why?

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 14:23:40 PST 2011

I sort of forgot some talk about this last month...and about the Exhaust Tester.  Forgive repeating much of it.
But, at this point, I'd like to have that Temp Sensor properly plugged in, as it should be,  and have the idling etc working right WHILE it's plugged in.....and find out if the Cold Start Switch fuel nozzle should be closed up.

OK    I just Called that mechanic.  He said that the head temp sensor is doing the work and not to worry about the Intake temp sensor being unattached.  He said that there would not be excessive fuel consumption.    He said the sensor (and the other two I tried) was probably Shorted Out, and that it will be hard to find a replacement anyway.
  Or, does someone here have a certifiably non-shorted-out Intake Sensor around the shop?
  And, apparently there's no need to plug the nozzle on the un-used Cold Start Switch. I guess, with the wires unplugged, nothing tells the sensor to pull in a gas spray....or air.