[T3] fuel pump output -error

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 17:40:32 PST 2011

In a message dated 3/2/2011 8:32:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:

It be a  major help in my case, as I have almost instant bleed down.  I did
have a  fuel pressure gauge that did not allow near as much bleed down and
start up  was so much easier.  Where does one get a check valve from and any
 recommendations on brand/type?

F.Y.I. the pump is almost brand new,  new pressure regulator, and good
injectors.

If it bleeds down almost immediately after shut down, then the pump needs
rebuilding or replacing. I think Ray quoted times of dropping down to 20 to
23  psi in 5 minutes, then holding that pressure for 20 to 30 minutes, with
it  slowly dropping off from there down to 3 psi after a couple of hours. I
know my  new ranger pump holds pressure after 30+ minutes before leaking
down to around 5  psi after sitting overnight (about 12 hours). I've even
checked it a couple of  hours after shut down, and it still had over 16 psi.
Adriel, did your "almost new" pump get a spray paint rebuild? ;^)

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)