[T3] Re/ Car Runs Great, but Why?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 18:59:26 PST 2011

In a message dated 3/3/2011 8:00:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 3 Mar  2011 at 15:19, J. Jonik wrote:

> Odd that the three Intake temp  sensors I have are different.    One, with
> silver shaft, is  longer than the other two.  One of the shorter others
has
> brass  colored shaft, the other silver metallic.    Is that about
>  fashion?...or function?

There were actually 2 different  such sensors. If you can still see the
part
number on yours, some will  have an A suffix and some will not.

The one I'm using in my 71 Notch is the long tipped version. I have 3 here
as well, and ALL 3 have the same part number on them with no letter suffix
(had  to get my glasses out to see the small numbers).I tested all 3 of mine
at the  same air temperature, and all 3 measured the same resistance.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)