[T3] water problems

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 12:33:25 PST 2011

Water Problem Cautionary Tale---    Once, in the snow, I turned on the fan to de-fog the windows.   Ka blink....car died.      I blew a fuse because, as I remember, the fan was submerged in water because the drain(s) in that air box.
   But, not having a schematic drawing of where the fan is...I'm not sure now if it was indeed IN water, or just soaked from splashing.
   I turned fan off, put in a new fuse, and was on my way in minutes.  Cleaned out the drains at the next chance.  Best way I've found to clear out at least the drain(s) from the vents is with compressed air with that nice air blower attachment....WHICH, by the way is fun to use to keep a golf ball floating in air about a foot above the nozzle. Magic.
    <1636315757.1831414.1299330586093.JavaMail.root at sz0030a.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net>

Hello
 all! The water comes in after the car has been sitting overnight.? I'm
assuming that this would lead more towards the drain hoses being clogged
 or bad door seals.? Am I correct in this?? Thanks!