[T3] Rust on the brain 72 FB

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Mar 7 13:53:08 PST 2011

On 3/6/2011 9:03 AM, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/6/2011 9:25:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:
>
> Sorry  about the picture Jim.  Facebook has changed the way they do
> photos  and I guess this is something else they have changed. I guess I
> am going  to have start doing something different on the picture. Until
> then I think  it will still let me link the whole album the photos are in
> with out a  pass word.  Sorry.
> Dennis
>

> Dennis, you could always post your pics to the Samba Gallery. It's a free
> site, then you'd just have to give us the link to the pic.
>
> Bob 65 Notch  S with sunroof and IRS (Krusty)
> 71 Notch (Krunchy)
> 64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)

Ok lets try this again. The reason I have been linking my photos from
Facebook to here is people other than us Type 3 guys or VW or even car
guys have been keep up with my project. My Fastback was an icon at my
high school when I was a teen (not many Clementine orange Fastbacks even
back in the early 80s in my home town). So some of the people from my
childhood and  teen years have been keeping up with the project. Now
since Facebook has changed there photo set up I will have start putting
them on Samba to link them here. Here was what I originally said before
all the photo problems.

  As we continue to transfer the wiring from the parts car to my
Fastback.  We removed the ECU and noticed rust on the bottom.  I know
this one works as we were able to get it to pulse the injectors and
cycle the fuel pump on and off. Is this something I should be concerned
with? Is there any way to patch or repair it?  Here are some photos of
the rust on it.
  Dennis Stiefel
Rainsville AL, USA

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=782645