[T3] Gauges

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Mar 17 17:19:10 PDT 2011

Yea, but when your pushing hard, like towing a boat or following Jim Adney
across a desert you really do need to know whats going on and when to back
off...

;-)

Keith

How about using very good parts, carefully assembling the engine, using
proper break in procedures, and just drive it. VW didn't bother with gauges,

as  it felt they weren't needed. I'd rather be cruising along on the highway

not  knowing any of those temps, than have a stiff neck from NOT watching
the road to  see them. Or slowing down, because the engine had a temp spike,

and making the  group you're with wonder what just happened as they flew by
you and kept  going. ;^) I do know that by the time the idiot lights come
on,
it's  usually too late. But I've never really had that type of issue happen
since I  started running good fuel.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)