[T3] leak

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 14:22:24 PDT 2011

In a message dated 3/19/2011 4:07:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fiestacranberry at gmail.com writes:

Hi  all,

Long time, no write!

The Baroness has sprung a leak.   I had her parked in the Safeway lot last
week, and it was raining.   When I got back, there was a big
puddle in the passenger side  floorwell.  I traced the dripping to a hole in
the underside of the  dashboard.  This hole has a rubber ring around it,
with
a beige or  dirty white, fairly thick, cable coming out of it.  Lloyd thinks
the  air intake under the windshield wipers above the hood may be clogged
or
rusted thru.  I looked in my books, and I can't find any diagrams  or pix of
this area, or how to get to it.  Do any of you know about  this?

thanx,
Lori & The Baroness, '71 AT  Squareback

Lori, that sounds like the front hood release cable. I don't think it goes
thru the air box though. If it does, then like you said above, the drains
are  probably clogged.  If not, I think on that side the hose goes up to the
air  box itself, and might have come off. Either that, or the air box tray
might have  rusted out.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)