[T3] drain hoses

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Mar 22 20:19:47 PDT 2011

On 22 Mar 2011 at 14:06, Fiesta Cranberry wrote:

> Well, bad news on The Baroness.  I pulled the passenger side hose off, and
> the nipple came with it.  Totally rusted out, can't reattach it.  The inside
> of the box doesn't look too good, the right side looks pretty rusty.  Lloyd
> & I are going to try to glue a funnel and hose contraption to the bottom of
> the box, from inside the passenger compartment.  Just waiting for a non-riny
> day to do it [?]

A glued-on funnel is probably a pretty reasonable way to deal with
that. You should also figure out a way to clean out the tray above
it, because it's almost certainly full of crud that held water there
and caused the rust.

I've used compressed air with a small tube that I could feed thru the
louvers and blow the stuff out. Wear goggles when you do this!

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org