[T3] finger hold on gas filler

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Mar 31 18:55:03 PDT 2011

On 31 Mar 2011 at 11:47, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:

> Hey all!  I not quite sure as to why, but I know of four 68 type 3's
> and none of them have the finger hole on the gas filler doors.  Did
> early and late cars from the same model year differ here?

All '68 Type 3s came with the finger notch. The '69s came with an
inside release and no finger notch. However, if that RF fender ever
got replaced on a '68, the finger notch would have gotten lost,
because VW didn't stock proper '68 RF fenders for long.

If you can find an actual '68 that has no finger notch AND has the
inside filler flap release, THEN we've got a real dilemma.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org