[T3] Steering/Access Hatch

Tim Keohane rheorojo at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 2 08:04:17 PST 2011

1st, The access hatch (to the engine) in my type 3 sits high/proud by
about 3/8 inch. It seems improbable it was designed that way. It does
seem to latch and seal securely so I'm perplexed. Is it supposed to be
flush?, therefore requiring a seal change and the hinge tabs and twist
latches some flexing for a proper fit, or am I fussing about nothing?

2nd, I'm in need of tightening the steering, and the Bently manual
cautions about over tightening. Is that a "feel" scenario, as
described?, and are there "cautions" not mentioned in the Bently? I'd
rather not take out my steering box.

Thanks Tim

PS  Jim I got the parts, thanks, they will go in with the steering
adjustment.