[T3] First run of spring

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun May 1 16:48:47 PDT 2011

VW Shows in the UK have been going since February, but we've today had our
most successful meeting at probably the best of the 'stock' VW shows, at
Stanford Hall near Rugby.

The special display this year was to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the
Type 3, so we aimed for 50 cars to be on display.  We got the 50 cars, plus
some extras in the for sale area and the general car parks, so well done to
Danny Lord (maybe we should call him Lord Danny from now on...) for chasing
everyone up.  We had 60 on the list, but a few had problems and couldn't
come.  Special Rally Plaques, Tee-shirts and screen stickers were
commissioned

It got me tidying my Variant as well, and it got Anne and myself there and
back - only 300 miles round trip, as England is such a small country.

We're hoping to join in the German Typ3 Club event at Wolfsburg from 23 - 26
June.   See http://www.typ3.de/ for details.  They are also celebrating 25
years of their club, just as the UK VW Type 3&4 Club is.  That will be most
of 1,000 miles round trip, so I'm just slightly nervous as my 40 year-old
engine with 94,000 miles untouched has every right to be a problem, but I'm
hoping for the best!

So if the UK guys on VWType3.org have been quieter than usual, they've
probably been giving time to the cars.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club