[T3] Lack of high beam and turn signals

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu May 12 16:43:42 PDT 2011

In a message dated 5/12/2011 7:38:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:

High  beam switch was intermittent and now does not work at all.  Dash
light  does not come on.  Then when I checked the turn signals, they would act
in a spastic manner.  Since the gas guage was flashing I moved all the
under dash grounds.  Also moved the fuses and made sure they were all  good.
After this, key turned to system energized the turn signals  started going and
in a spastic manner.  Turn on the emergancy, right or  left signal, and for
a while would work normally then right started  spasing.  Removing and
reinstalling relay made all signals stop and now  have no lights in the gas
guage.

This is in my '71 Squareback with  rebuilt turn signal switch by Adney.
Could of it failed?  I need  the Squareback in functional order by Saturday so
kind of short on  time.

Sounds like the 4 way switch has some crud in it. You might try removing
the knob portion, and spray some contact cleaner in it and cycle it a few
times.  Even Russ had come across this. You can do a search on the Samba for
his reply.  ;^)

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)