[T3] Lack of high beam and turn signals

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri May 13 17:38:31 PDT 2011

On 13 May 2011 at 8:52, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> I did get a lot of discoloration out of the switch, but still no high
> beams or proper turn signals.  I did try disconnecting the turn signal
> switch but did not have an affect.

Undo the 2 screws that secure the fuse box, then carefully pull it
down and rearward. Reach up behind the dash and feel the hazard
switch. It has a metal box with an insulating panel on one side. That
panel is where all the terminals are. Check to see if that panel is
loose. It's normally crimped in place, but sometimes the crimps come
loose and that panel can get loose or come completely free.

Be careful when you do this, as there is 12 V to that panel all the
time.

I don't think your problem has anything to do with the TS switch, but
you could take the steering wheel off and make sure the 4 screws that
hold it in place are still tight.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org