[T3] jim's correct distributor

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun May 22 15:31:06 PDT 2011

The  tall distributor cap usually doesn't match the rotor - you may have a
big gap vertically for the spark to jump, which isn't good.  Also, the
engine cover will rub on the leads where they come out of the cap.  I don't
know which distributor you have, but I'm sure you will need the short top
for clearance anyway.  Definitely check the rotor height compared with the
cap - it should then run a lot better!

Moisture and carbon spitting out of the exhaust is quite normal whn the
engine is cold - they are just the products of combustion.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club