[T3] Rotor number

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun May 22 19:59:53 PDT 2011

On 22 May 2011 at 18:29, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Thank You Jim. Russ told me I needed a rotor from a FI distributor for my
> T-34 engine (uses a short cap). The one I found (numbers above) is NOS, and
> un-used, so it should go great with the NOS cap.

I don't think there's any other rotor that's similar. All the others
are taller so they have more insulation distance. The Type 3 rotor
makes up for being height "challenged" by having that little lip, or
convolution, on the underside, which increases the creepage distance.

The taller rotors also fit larger diameter shafts.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org