[T3] jim's correct distributor

Ken Main Mail kensue356 at cableone.net
Mon May 23 18:08:58 PDT 2011

Hi Jim,

Good I installed the short cap and correct rotor.  When I timed the motor
the best I can get the marks I cannot go to the far left slash on the
pulley.  The car wants to sputter, shake and die if I try.  It's on the
third slash mark on the left.  You are right as I will work on that again.
Cold start I have to press on pedal for more gas or it will stall.  Should I
adjust the air mixture volume again to raise it up?  When I do that at warm
engine the revs are much higher.  How about at right side the 3 wired in a
plug to adjust throttle open up some more?

I did push the wires back in the plug at distributor.  That’s what I hoped
you understood.  Good.

What if I turn air mixture up at warm and again try to time the engine
correctly at fourth notch at left 0 degree TDC?

Sorry to hear you did not go the MVVC show. We all want one of those T3
shirts.

Kenny Rogers

PS. Funny, my T3 FI ran ok with that tall cap.  But the distributor was out
of a T4 or 914.