[T3] turn signal assembly broke. HELP!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed May 25 07:06:28 PDT 2011

On 24 May 2011 at 21:33, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> Ken, I had one of Adney's rebuilds come apart, and have yet to here
> back whether he is going to fix it.  The issue with rebuilding is the
> unit's halves must be seperated and then has to have the four screws
> hold it together.  Great idea, but not sure it is a perfect solution
> because the ball can slip out and into the housing; trying to figure
> out a better one.  For the price, better off getting one somewhere
> else.  I used to have several, so sorry could not be more help.  I
> will keep a better lookout now I know there is a need; used to get
> them fairly often but stopped due to priority. ;)

Adriel,

I doubt that it's fair to claim that it "came apart." When I sent it
back to you I warned you that you would need to install it and then
cut the cable tie that I shipped it with to hold it together. After
that, if you tried to remove it again it would likely spring apart.

I believe that's what you did, and that's what it did.

I'm embarrased when one of my repairs fails, but I can't be
responsible for fixing problems that weren't my fault. If you believe
that there was a problem with the repair that I did and would like to
send it back, I'll be happy to take a look at it. But my impression
is that it worked fine for you for several years. It's unfair for you
to expect me to put it back together again for free just because you
didn't heed my written instructions.

If this was a minor thing I wouldn't complain, but I've done this job
several times, I've made some fixtures to help me do it, and it still
takes me several hours to get one back together successfully. It's
not a simple job.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org