[T3] Turn Signal

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Wed May 25 11:05:03 PDT 2011

This brings up a point I was wondering if anyone could clarify.  I too have
a 71 switch and knowing about its rarity, I want to do all I can to increase
its life.

One thing I do often is use the "lane change" feature of the switch when
turning and let go right before making the turn (as long as it wont
jeopardize my safety).  I also click the switch back before the auto-return
does it.  I do those things hoping that I'm reducing wear and tear.  Am I
just dreaming, or does this possibly help?  I have never asked but now seems
like a good time!

I've also applied a thin layer of grease to the horn ring contacts.

- Bryon, '71 Fastback