[T3] single springs...

Frank Meek ftalker at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:38:48 PDT 2011

Hi there
I had dual springs on my 2110cc engine and as I built the motor, I did some
research on the dual spring "advantages," for which, in my application,none
existed.  I rarely take this crank beyond 5.5K and that's one reason to
"double up."  Also, I called the cam builder, (WebCam) and the very
knowledgeable lady manager there, (who knows her engines), encouraged me to
use their single HD springs.  Of course, I had indicated to her all of the
elements of the build and my expectations.
Additionally, these dual spring affairs are well known to cause way too much
wear on the valve train....all of it, not merely the cam.  And, to date, my
decision was sound.  I am not a drag racer and the single setup has been
ideal...no floaters to 5.5K and plenty of stability throughout.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
FE Meek