[T3] Idling Oddities...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 14:14:11 PDT 2011

[Type III 71  FI  Standard.]

    Car's been running great since all the troubles with fuel etc...and after replacing the Control Box.

   But--- the idle is a few notches too high.   I'd lower it, of course, except that once in a while, only noticeable in stop-and-go traffic,  the idle goes down to where sometimes the oil light flickers.  If idle was lower, it would probably stall.  Hasn't yet.
-   Oil level is good.
-   Cold start switch etc disconnected.
-   The Temp Sensor on the Air Distributor is disconnected.
-   This has happened when car is both cool and after fully warmed up after long drives.
-   No symptoms when driving along....just when coming to a stop, foot off gas.

 I haven't started to double check for basic things (timing, hoses, etc.) but what are best guesses for a cause?