[T3] Valve covers...

ftalker at gmail.com ftalker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:29:15 PDT 2011

Actually, Jim, the bails have left slight scuff marks in the surface...they appear slight and shallow.
Keith, I would not attempt powder coating on my own.  I have seen the pro setup...and there's NO WAY to do what they do.  The problems with the rims is ,(at least), twofold:
The rims need to be blasted to bare metal, (and, trust me here, you can't do this at home.  And,the next step is to bake the bare metal rims for as much time as it takes to BBQ allot the residual oils, paints, dirt and crap in the recesses...again, from what I observed, an unlikely garage project.
While I have yet to do my VW wheels, the Porsche rims are flawless...from 1956...and stored for thirty five years.  I send these to the pros.
Hope this helps.
Regards
FE Meek

Sent from my iPhone