[T3] Leak Down Test and Rich Running

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Nov 2 22:42:26 PDT 2011

Jeremy,

It would help us a lot if you would break your messages into
paragraphs. I can read it your way, but it's much harder to grasp.

Okay, suggestions:

I think supposing problems with #2 causing problems with #4 might be
overthinking this, but you might want to look at the lift on the #2
rockers, to make sure they look about right. (Compare with #1.) Do
this since #2 and #4 share cam lobes.

Check the resistances of the 4 spark plug they should all be around
1000 Ohms. An open resistor in the SP connector can certainly cause
the problem you're having.

Don't get too concerned about the CO. It's not a controlled number in
'71. The numbers you'll see are good averages, but not target
numbers. You're right not to tamper with the pressure sensor.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org