[T3] Leak Down Test and Rich Running

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 10:37:20 PDT 2011

When doing the leakdown test, listen for the sound of leaking air. You should be able to tell if the leakage is rings, intake or exhaust valves depending on whether the sound is at the oil-filler, air-cleaner or exhaust system.

One of the reasons a leakdown is so useful is that the engine is quiet enough to hear these things.

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/