[T3] Question about door handle key set

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 04:47:14 PST 2011

I looked up the page in the parts manual, and was also surprised the handle
wasn't called up as a separate number, only the complete one, so can't
confirm or deny that Type 3 and Beetle use the same handle.

I've always believed it was so, like Jim.  However the principle is still
true, that you can swap over the lock cylinder and its internal operating
pin, and all will be fine.  You want the straight trigger rather than the
wiggly one they used (from '73?).  Make sure the thin plastic washer that
goes round the cylinder is there and in reasonable condition; it helps stop
water getting in.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club