[T3] Clutch question

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Sun Nov 27 20:54:13 PST 2011

Great news ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org [mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org] On Behalf Of James Lingenfelter
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:09 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Clutch question

   Final Episode of the clutch cable mystery..... I talked to my friend a couple of times this afternoon as he was fighting with the car. He finally determined that he must have an incorrect clutch cable that was too short, he remembered it being under an abnormal amount of tension when he took it apart.... so his next plan of attack was to pull the clutch cable out and replace it with a correct one. Then the back threaded end of the cable got caught in the tube while he was trying to pull it out through the front.... he pushed it back through, took a look in the rear, and voila, suddenly the cable will reach. No idea how this is possible, or what could've been wrong, but who cares, it works and he's driving it. I also passed on the info you guys gave me on the plate that is supposed to prevent the pedal from falling toward the rear of the car, and he was able to get that corrected also.
   So thanks to everybody for all the info, another evil project bites the dust.
   Jimmy