[T3] Clutch question

Jimmy Lingenfelter jimmyandcher at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 14:29:30 PST 2011

Actually, the car had been completely restored; I can't verify how new the clutch was, since I wasn't there to see it apart, but I do know that everything behind the transmission was brand new. He initiated this project because the clutch reached the point where it would not disengage at all, and when he took it apart, the pressure plate was broken. I have no idea if it was an old clutch, or if it was abnormally worn due to the previous owner apparently driving it with the clutch so improperly adjusted that it never disengaged 100% (the reason I had to adjust it when he bought the car).