[T3] Accelerator Cable Install

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 19:14:49 PST 2011

In a message dated 11/29/2011 5:27:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
knowonelse at sbcglobal.net writes:

Double  check the springs on each carb. Between the spark plug wires and
cut-off valve  wiring in the area of the return spring, it is easy to get
things tangled, and  easy to disconnect the spring while fiddling around there.

Occasionally  the linkage on a carb itself gets out of position. There is a
way to get the L  linkage off set so it feels connected and somewhat
behaves correctly, but  binds up. Check to see that the linkage on both carbs is
the same (opposite of  each other of course).

The cable should run very easily from the foot  pedal to the connect point
on the engine. If it doesn't, there is a problem  that needs to be addressed.

I think Brent is running dual 40 Dells, or something like that, not dual
Solexes or Weber 34's. It could be that he might have a bad heim joint in the
 carb linkage, or maybe a bind in 1 of them.

Brent, are they smooth when at the engine end of the car? Normally
something like this is caused by the carpet hanging up the throttle pedal, but I
don't think you have the carpet in it yet. Check the cable housing ends like
Jim  mentioned, as you might find something.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)