[T3] Accelerator Cable Install

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Nov 29 19:35:49 PST 2011

On 29 Nov 2011 at 22:14, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Brent, are they smooth when at the engine end of the car? Normally
> something like this is caused by the carpet hanging up the throttle pedal, but I
> don't think you have the carpet in it yet. Check the cable housing ends like
> Jim  mentioned, as you might find something.

Ah yes, the old sticky carpet problem. Even though it's the most
common cause of a spontaneous problem (that arises suddenly on a car
that had been running correctly) I usually forget to mention this
one.

If the carpet's there, check that it hasn't slipped down slightly and
is catching the little cam on the back of the throttle pedal. To fix
this, reposition the carpet AND file off the little burr on the edge
of that cam that actually does the catching.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org