[T3] Gas Leak ? ! ?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Oct 4 17:16:21 PDT 2011

On 4 Oct 2011 at 20:10, Keith Park wrote:

> I had a hose that I replaced in 09 "loosen up" on me and leak this spring, I
> snugged up just a bit on the clamp and all was OK.

Right now my leak seems to be fixed. I'm guessing that the problem
was the hose connection to the front end of the steel tube that
carries pressurized gas to the rear of the car. That tube is straight
cylindrical on the end: It has no bulge, unlike almost all the other
connections. The lack of a bulge there means less contact pressure
between the hose and the tube, so leaks there are a bit more likely.

I think/hope it will be fine now, but I'm still going to check the
timing again, to make sure it hasn't slipped and retarded itself a
bit, which would also effect the gas mileage.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org