[T3] Headliner install guy

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Oct 13 11:13:13 PDT 2011

On 13 Oct 2011 at 11:06, Brent Bottolfson wrote:

> I've been wondering how to install the light above the driver door and
> the rearview mirror when installing a headliner as I'm getting close to
> that job.  Do you just cut an X in each location?  I'm still undecided
> if I'm going to do it myself or pay.

Look at the headliner you took out. I think the interior light was an
X, but a simple vertical slit is probably enough for the mirror.

I always erred on the side of caution doing these things: cut a
little and try. It's easy to cut a little more; a lot harder to undo
a bit of excess cut.

BTW, those little bits will be the very last things you do after the
headliner and windows are all done.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org