[T3] Headliner install guy

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Oct 13 17:00:42 PDT 2011

In a message dated 10/13/2011 2:09:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

We can  hope that better headliners are out there. Bob or John may
know who does  good ones.

I'm probably the last guy to ask. :O  I've done a couple in the past,  and
would rather cut the roof off than do a headliner. Oh wait, I already did
that. :O  That said the TMI ones aren't too bad, and are fairly cheap  to
buy. Sew Fine makes them too, but expect to pay for it (my T-34 has a Sew  Fine
headliner in it, that I did myself).

Bryon wrote:
Called around....
found a guy who was recommended thru a mechanic's shop  I use for my
Eurovan.
Called him up and he didn't even blink when I asked if  he could do it.  No
problem.  He asked if I had the headliner and I  said "no" but I can get it.
He said either that, or he makes his own.  I  asked what making his own
would cost and he said headliner plus installation  is $350.

For that kind of money I'd have him do the install with his own headliner.
There's just something about working upside down, with adhesives, and sharp
 tools that always get me to not liking to do them. That, and you need
about 200  of those big office type clips to hold the headliner in place along
the  edges. Or like I like to say, 1 slip of the knife, and the headliner is
toast. :O

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)