[T3] ZDDP: How much is too much?

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Wed Oct 19 16:36:53 PDT 2011

This is from the Valvoline website:

Which oil has more zinc/ZDDP: VR1 or "Not Street Legal" racing oil?

Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil contains .13 percent of zinc and .12 percent of
phosphorus compared to the Valvoline "Not Street Legal" Racing Oil which
contains .14 percent of zinc and .13 percent of phosphorus.

I've been putting the 'Not Street Legal' in my wife's car.  Don't tell
anyone.  ;)

-Brent