[T3] CV concave washer

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:30:00 PDT 2011

Just assembled the tranny-side CV.  It's much smoother and does illustrate
how it should move, much better than the tire-side joint.  I think the
tire-side one will move better once the grease is in there and perhaps it
was indeed 120 degrees off from original orientation and wear marks aren't
lining up perfectly?

I think they are slightly worn.  My VW buddy at work looked at them and felt
they were a tiny bit worn, but not enough to replace.  10's of thousands of
miles left on them he thought.

So, I think I'm on the right path and will reinstall as assembled.

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback